Go To Search
Help Center
Click to Home
Popular Links

Q: Who is responsible for detention pond maintenance?

A: The property owner is responsible for maintenance of a detention pond.

Q: Can I cut trees or clear brambles in a Stream Buffer or Zoning Buffer and then landscape it?

A: Yes, within limits. Clearing and pruning can occur with hand tools only and must be done manually. No track or motor powered vehicles for such activites are allowed in these buffer zones.

Q: Can I do grading or other construction activity on my property without a permit?

A: In some cases, yes. Such cases are if you are performing what is called 'minor landscaping activities'.The germane ordinances incorporate minor landscaping activities as grading activities of less than 5,000 square feet (about a 70'x70' area). If you find your activites are greater than this, then you will need to obtain a development permit from the Community Development Department, located at 65 Lawrenceville Street, Norcross GA 30071.