The South End Development
"The South End of Historic Downtown Norcross"
We are so excited about this new project redeveloping the "south end" of Downtown Norcross (South Peachtree Street)! The South End is a mixed restaurant, retail and entertainment district being developed by Western & Atlantic Development on the block of downtown between Antique Traditions and the 173 Carlyle House event venue. Not unlike Duluth's Parsons Alley, it will be home to several unique businesses, the first of which, The Rose and Hemp, opened in Fall 2021. More are soon to follow, with rooftop dining, food truck stalls, and even an outdoor movie screen all potentially in the works. A true community gathering space, The South End will activate this side of our downtown corridor.
Learn more: Project Website
- Love, Norcross: The first project kicking off "The South End", the Love, Norcross mural now bookends Downtown Norcross, sitting opposite of the "Greetings from Norcross" mural on Paizanos at the other end of South Peachtree.
- The Rose and Hemp: A small, family-owned CBD shop opened in Fall 2021 in the former Chalk It Up building.
- Butter & Cream: The Atlanta-favorite handcrafted, small-batch ice cream shop opened in August 2023.
- Refuge Coffee Co.: Clarkston's Refuge Coffee Co. opened a new location in Norcross' South End in November 2023.
- Hal Cofer's Station, The Tile Shop and The Engine Building: The former three-building storefront and machine repair shop that was located between B&W Auto Sales and the 173 Carlyle House have a long claim to Norcross' history! We're excited to see them repurposed, honoring their historic heritage, into spaces for retail, restaurants as well as an outdoor space for (according to rough conceptual plans) food trucks, outdoor seating, food stalls, string lights, a retractable fabric roof and an outdoor movie screen.
New businesses are joining the South End family all the time. Be sure to keep updated on development progress over on the developers' Project Website! Interested in joining the South End family? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about available space or take a tour!
Update from the developer:
The South End project is moving forward with construction activities. Erosion control measures are in place and orange barricades are being installed on and near the site. The sidewalk near the site will be open during the holiday weekend. We will have more information at the start of December. Stay tuned for further updates.