What are these paint markings in my yard?
Anytime there is a project that requires digging - even if it is a small amount - there should be a notice called in to the Utility Protection Center (Georgia UPC). These marking represent different utilities under the ground. Many times these locators are asked to overlap the digging site or address to ensure the proper coverage. At times this means your yard may be marked - but no digging is to take place. If you need to call in a notice, simply dial 811 and have your information and the nearest cross street ready.

Show All Answers

1. My power just went out...Who do I call?
2. What causes the most outages within the City system?
3. What is the largest contributor to a high bill?
4. What are these paint markings in my yard?