Gwinnett County Public Library - Norcross Branch
Part of the city’s mixed-use expansion efforts to stretch Norcross’ downtown area toward Buford Highway (an eight-year project), the City of Norcross partnered with the county to relocate and expand the previously existing library branch to Lillian Webb Park. Designed to be a 21st-century library, this development was approved by the Gwinnett County Board of Commissioners in 2017 and reflects the city and county’s dedication to meeting the needs of community members, as well as their continued commitment to attracting families and businesses to the Norcross area.
- Approximately 22,000 square feet
- Located on a 1.5-acre site at Lillian Webb Park
- Includes a community room and larger areas for computer services, creative projects, and interactive programming and services
- Features dedicated “maker space” equipped with a 3-D printer and other equipment to facilitate entrepreneurship development
- The facility also contains a pedestrian plaza and a parking deck paid for by SPLOST funding
- At project origin, was estimated to be the most-used library in Gwinnett with over 1,000 visitors per day
Open for Business!
The ribbon-cutting was held on October 26, 2021. Visit the GCPL website for hours of operation!
In the News
The new Norcross library branch's opening adds new amenity to city's downtown district | Gwinnett Daily Post | October 29, 2021
New Norcross library offers more than just books | Atlanta Journal-Constitution | October 27, 2021
Norcross is abuzz with a flurry of new development and redevelopment projects | Gwinnett Daily Post | July 25, 2021
Gwinnett Co. closes two library branches for renovations, while breaking ground on two new facilities | 11 Alive | February 4, 2020
New Norcross branch of Gwinnett library to begin construction soon | Atlanta Journal-Constitution | December 30, 2019
Gwinnett commissioners OK $12.2M contract for new Norcross library | Gwinnett Daily Post | December 10, 2019
Norcross City Council approves design for new library exterior | Gwinnett Daily Post | January 5, 2018
Gwinnett County to build new library branch on Buford Highway | Atlanta Journal-Constitution | June 29, 2017