Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required upon employment.
Start with your present or last job. Include any job-related military service assignments and volunteer activities. You may exclude organizations which indicate race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disabilities or other protected status.
Name and Address of School
Course of Study
Indicate any foreign languages you can speak, read and/or write
Government contractors are subject to 38 USC 2012 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Ad of 1974 which requires that they take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified disabled veterans of the Vietnam Era, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Ad of 1973; as amended, which requires government contractors to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified handicapped individuals.
If you are a disabled veteran, or have a physical or mental handicap you are invited to volunteer this information which will be kept confidential. Failure to provide this information will not jeopardize or adversely affect your consideration for employment.
The City of Norcross is an "At Will" employer. Federally mandated drug testing will be conducted for positions required to hold a Commercial Driver's License.
You may exclude membership which would reveal gender, race, religion, national origin, age ancestry, disability or other protected status:
1. I understand that the City will rely on the information contained on this application form in extending any offer of employment, and I certify that the information I have provided contains no errors, omissions, or misrepresentations. I understand that the City can take disciplinary action and/or terminate my employment at any time in the future should any information prove to be false or misleading.
2. Any employment offer and your employment is conditional until certain information has been satisfactorily reviewed and verified (i.e. if applicable: reference checks; credit checks (includes ability to obtain a credit card in positions that require travel); valid driver’s licenses, and criminal background checks.) The City may conduct a drug test and investigations, including MVR, driver’s license, and criminal records, credit history, and verification of prior employment history, professional certifications and education. By signing this application I hereby grant permission to any person, firm, or corporation to release to the City or its representative any and all information regarding my past work or employment, and background. I waive any and all claims I might have with respect to the providing of such information.
3. Your employment is conditional on your review of the Employee Handbook and your signing of the “Employee Acknowledgement Form”.
4. I understand that any City employment will be “at will”, and that either the City or I can terminate the employment relationship at any time, without notice and for any lawful reason or for no reason.
5. I understand that my job responsibilities may require driving either a City vehicle or my personal automobile on City Business. If applicable: I certify that I hold a valid driver’s license. I understand that I may be required to maintain auto liability at limits specified by the City and that I may be required to provide a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) or the City may obtain a MVR as a prerequisite of employment.
6. I must provide proof of identify and authorization to work in the U.S. as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 within 3 work days on beginning employment.
7. I meet the minimum age requirements of applicable laws.
8. If you have signed an employment agreement, confidentiality agreement or any other document with a prior employer that might restrict your activities if hired by the City, you must disclose this fact before a job offer is made. Failure to disclose such information is grounds for termination of your employment.
9. I understand that nothing in this Application or in the City’s personnel guidelines, handbooks, policies or procedures is intended to create, or does create, an employment contract between the City and me. I further understand and agree that if I am offered employment by the City it will be on an at-will basis. This means that either the City or I may terminate employment relationship at any time for any reason, with or without cause. I understand and agree that only the City Manager can enter into an agreement on any other terms, and he or she can only do so in writing signed by him or her and the employee in question. Finally, I understand and agree that this constitutes the entire agreement between the City and me with regard to this subject.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field